Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gymnastics Season

High School gymnastics has been a part of my life since I was probably about 5.  My Mom coached for Fort Vancouver High School for many years, then moved to Columbia River High School for many years, and currently coaches for Olympia High School.  When I graduated high school, I thought that perhaps it was just part of my history.  That was until I came back and helped score meets for Mom.  Again, I thought that was where it ended.

Low and behold, I marry a coach of high school gymnastics.  He coached for Issaquah high school when I met him, and actually, it was this wonderful community of high school gymnastics that introduced us.  Dusty continued to coach for Issaquah, and Thomas Jefferson after we were married.

This year, the world I grew up in and the world I married collided as Dusty assisted as a volunteer coach for Olympia High School with my Mom.  Dusty had such a great time and absolutely loved teaching these girls.  He felt more appreciated and a part of this team than any other team he has coached for, and had a fabulous season.  The Olympia team, qualified quite a few gymnasts (6, I think) to districts, and 1 to state.  

I also, got my scoring fix, and Dad and I were able to help Mom score the meet she was running.  


No comments: