Involuntary terminations are typically never welcomed, but it is our attitudes that determine how they will affect us. In my case, the termination was a way for me finally close this chapter of my life, that I maybe should have closed long ago, but never had the courage. Public Accounting has taught me a lot over the past 4.5 years, and helped me grow professionally, but it was never my passion. There are many things that could possibly keep someone in public accounting, some reasons may include the following;
- Love for Auditing (I know of one person)
- Potential salary if you become a partner
- Job position titles
- Stay until you can launch into a different career
- flexibility
- time off
- benefits
- any other reason I can't think off
So with that, I am taking this change as an opportunity to remember how to be a wife, grow spiritually, take care of my stressed out husband, and potty train my puppy. I have plans to do the spring cleaning that has been passed by for the last 4 year, and maybe even decorate a little (I already told Melissa she could help!). I am very excited for the change, and the chance to get back in order some of the chaos in our life.
Fortunately, Dusty's job appears to be secure, and he is planning to cut out one of his many activities for next year to really be able to focus on his job. It is now the sole source of income for our family. I do get some severance, and should be eligible for unemployment if needed, so financially, we will be fine. We have also listened to the prophets, and only have our house as debt, and have additional savings, so please do not worry about us financially. We are taking this opportunity to get our lives in order, and then I will figure out what I really want to do and perhaps find a job that makes me smile rather than makes me stressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment