Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Learning New Skills

Here are a couple videos I took today.  The first one is of her eating.  Usually she gets dry cereal and a glass of milk, but today she insisted on dipping her cheerios in her milk.  I then asked her if she wanted her milk and cereal together, and she nodded "YES".  She has been using silverware for a little while, and is getting better everyday, but cereal is hard to keep on the spoon.  I think she is doing pretty well.


Here is her drinking from a cup.  She has gotten pretty good at handling the cups, but now that it isn't so hard, she spills more since she is not paying attention.


The last one is of her using her potty.  She will sometimes use it without me asking, and almost always when I ask her to.  I think we are getting closer to being fully potty trained.  We still have a few accidents when diapers are off, and diapers are still used often, but we are making progress.  We just need to teach her to pull her pants down, so she is not running naked all the time.  Any ideas?

5 comments:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

oversized gerber training pants (just the cotton ones), then it might be easier for her to pull up and down herself. :)

Cara said...

I love the big open mouth that always happens when they are learning how to get a spoon/fork to their mouth. Way to go on the potty Alice! I wish we could get Brooklynn to sit on the potty without a diaper on!

Ashley Ann said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how fast she is growing up.

the Rowleys said...

I always went up a size in underware when potty training, and didn't have them wear pants around the house. That way they could easily pull them down and up and go on their own. I also used "How to Potty Train your Child in Less than a Day" It took my 2 year old son a week, but my 18 month old daughter a day!

Maria said...

Good job going potty, Alice. Cereal is tricky, but she's almost got it!