Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

We spent the night at Dusty's parent house so we could be there Christmas morning. One of Dusty's favorite memories is how all the kids would gather in the stair well until it was time to see what Santa had brought.
I know it is blurry, but you get the idea
We then all get to go check out the stockings, and Santa's gifts. We then open gifts from youngest to oldest. It is always a little odd that way because Dusty is 4.5 years older than me, so there are often many siblings in between us opening.
Andrew was so kind to help Rylee and Braden open their gifts.
Dusty finally got to see the gift that I worked so hard on all of December. A huge thanks goes out to my sister Melissa who gave the me the inspiration, and tons of help through the whole process. I know it is hard to see, but it is a Star Wars quilt. The quilt his Grandma made him when he was about 10 has been well loved, too loved, and I thought he needed another one. I hope he loves this one just as much. The binding was not quite finished as of Christmas, so hopefully that will get done soon and he can start using it. I love you Dusty, and Merry Christmas. After gifts, we went over to Mandee and Nathan's for breakfast. They did not bring the family as it is very difficult to bring gifts for seven more people. We had a great day playing games, playing in the snow, and visiting with each other.
Braden ready for the snow
It is so hard to get a good picture of all the kids. We tried.Aiden and Brenna - What sweethartsUncle Dusty helping Dilanger with his new video game (I tried, and it was really hard)
Overall, we had a great Christmas. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments: