Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Market Day

I love the winter time, because we have so many traditions that I cherish. One of those is Market Day. My Great Grandmother, Crystal Lamb Bull, absolutely loved the Pike Place Market in Seattle. When the market was redone quite a long time ago, the family purchased a tile in front of her favorite bakery. The Saturday before Christmas, we always go to the market in her memory. We meet at Three Sister's Bakery for apple fritters, and then go to the meat market. We then visit the pig, and watch the flying fish. We visit the collectibles store, and sometimes frequent the magic shop. And of course, we visit Great Grandma's tile.

After the market, we go the Seattle Center House to warmup, visit, and see the train. We then go back to a family members home and do an ornament/gift exchange, and of course play games. This year I crocheted snowflakes for the family. They took a long time, but they turned out well, and I think everyone liked them.

All the cousins loved playing with Aunt Mary's big trucks and cars. Owen and Sebastion (Christopher & Elizabeth's son) had a great time, and really bonded. Even Doug was able to make it from North Carolina.

Great Grandma's Tile
More Pictures

No comments: