This week, I have been very busy trying to figure out the plan for returning to work. Would I go back? would I not go back? how do I make sure I have medical insurance for us, etc? It has been a very complicated ordeal. Most would say, don't you get 12 weeks off? In most cases, yes; however, I didn't qualify for the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) because you have to work for the company for a year, and I only made it 8 months. My company gives 6 weeks off instead.
I think it is awfully early to return, but after having some conversations with my managers, we have come up with a plan. I am going to work part time mostly from home, and go into the office on Wednesdays. I am also not going to start going in until July. We have discussed some of the projects I will work on, and overall, I think it will work.
It will be very hard to leave Alice even for 1 day a week, but my company is really trying to work with me, and I think I at least should give it a try. My first day back will be Monday June 7th when I will start working from home. We will see how it goes.
If anyone has any tips or tricks for staying on task with a baby in the background, please share.
4 comments:
At least they were willing to work with your stipulations! It can be hard though, to leave your baby, I know. I am sure everything will work out and you will do great!!!
I have some advice for you, I will email it to you or call you. Love you and I'm so glad you were able to compromise with your employer.
kisses♥
I did school and a baby. It may be sort of the same. Give me a call if you want.
Found you! I've added your blog to our blogroll so I can keep checking in. I'd been meaning to ask you what you decided to do work-wise, hope it is working out for everyone. I'm glad your company will work with you.
Post a Comment