Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  This was once a day I dreaded each year as I longed to be a Mother.  Now that I am a Mother, I am truly grateful for this day.  It truly is special and great to honor those women in our lives that teach us so much. 

Every day, I feel the responsibility of being a Mother, and it makes me appreciate all the more those in my life who have taught and cared for me.  Every day, I also get to see the joy on my daughter's face as she learns new things about life, I get to feel the snuggles and kisses she gives me, and I get a little glimpse of the love I know my Father in Heaven has for me. 

I feel so privileged to be a Mother.  It was all I wanted to be when I grew up, and now that day is here, I treasure it constantly.

On this day, I want to honor my Mother, Grandmothers, Mother-in-law, Sisters, Friends, and all the women who have taught me to be who I am, and helped me be the Mother I am.  I get to celebrate this day with a few of my favorite Mom's.  My Mom and my sister (an awesome Mom to two and almost three) are both coming to my house for dinner.  Both women have taught me so much and have always been there for me.  

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Margot said...

Beautiful post. I hope you had a great Mother's Day Shirlee!