Last night, when I heard the news of Osama Bin Laden's death, I had some mixed feelings. One was, is this really true? Another other was hooray, and another was surprising as I felt a tad bit of sadness as the realization that a life was taken. Just like all of us, Bin Laden, is a child of God, and the thought of anyone being murdered was sad to me. It is not my place to judge this man, nor the military man who killed him, nor the person(s) giving the orders.
As I thought about the horrible things this man did, I am glad he is no longer a threat to our world, but that tug of a life being taken was still bothering me. I then remembered the story of Nephi and Laban. Laban was very bad man who was ruining the lives of so many and teaching them to be wicked. Nephi, a prophet of God was told by God to slay him. In 1st Nephi 4:13 is gives the justification for killing Laban. "Behold the Lord slayeth the wicked to bring forth his righteous purposes. It is better that one man should perish than that a nation should dwindle and perish in unbelief."
If there was any man who brought so much wickedness into the world, and was teaching wickedness, it was Bin Ladin. Due to his efforts, many were perishing in unbelief, and many perished because of his choices. I am now okay with his life being taken, and am glad it was.
I am glad this man is no longer on the earth, and he will be responsible for his actions. Thank you to the military who has served without question for the many years hunting this man and other terrorists. I am proud to be an American, and live in a nation where we can be free. I big Thank You goes out to all who made this happen. I don't know who they are, but Thank You! This is definitely a monumental day in history.
No comments:
Post a Comment