The first week in May, I was able to go to Denver for a work conference. We have this conference every year, and always go somewhere different. My fist year, we went to Miami, then Las Vegas, and last year we went to Boston. This year Denver was chosen as the location. All members of the Deloitte Audit team for Boeing including those in Southern CA, St. Louis, Chicago, and Puget Sound get together. In total it is about 60 people. We eat at nice restaurants, have a meeting to go over all the important things we need to know, and play a little too. It is a great opportunity for us to get to know the people we work with on different teams that we don't regularly see.
I mentioned that we usually get a day for a team building activity. We can chose from a couple of activities which always include Golf (I don't golf), the Spa (is this really team building?), or something specific to the area. Denver's choice was white water rafting. I was a little concerned about the timing, as the water in May is a little cold considering it is fresh snow melt, but I went for it anyway. The place we went was Clear Creek, and they outfitted us with Wetsuits, splash jackets, helmets, and booties. We were all plenty warm. Check our a picture of our group below. I am not in it as I was taking the picture, but I looked just the same.
The water was very low as they didn't get as much snow melt as they thought they would, and we were the first group to go down the creek. We still had a great time. Traveling is always fun when you don't go very often, but I was glad to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment