Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Transfer Complete

After weeks of shots, and medicinal patches, Dusty and I took work off a little early yesterday to make the trek once again to Seattle to the doctors. Last time we made this trip it is not very pleasant, as I was already not feeling very well. This time, I felt like normal, except for the anticipation and nervousness.

Earlier yesterday, I got a call from them letting me know that the two embryos thawed well and were surviving. Last week I asked them about the thawing process and they said there is about a 90% survival rate. I was trilled to here that I had a 100% survival rate for my embryos.

We got there and talked to the embryologist, he said the embryos looked awesome and you couldn't even tell they had been frozen. He gave us a couple pictures of the embryos (see below), and he procedure began. It only took a short time to put them in, and yesterday and today, the doctors have ordered me to relaxed and to take it slow. It is very hard to do that when I don't really feel any different. Hopefully, in a couple weeks we will have more good news.

The embryologist said the one on the right was about 5-6 hours ahead of the one of the one on the left and it is already coming out of it's shell. You can see the shell easier on the left (the hazy circle outside of the embryo. He said that sometimes when they are frozen, the outer shell hardens and sometimes they can't break out, so they help it a bit and crack the shell for them. On the left embryo, on the top right corner, some of the shell has been shaved off. Right before the transfer we saw them again live and we could see that it had started coming out.

2 comments:

Seth & Courtney said...

My heart goes out to you and Dusty. Your kids are so lucky to have parents who are willing to do whatever it takes to bring them here.

I so appreciate your sharing your struggles. We have had heartache too but there is a great plan in it all and we've learned so much. You'll definitely be in our prayers. We'll check back often for news.

The Olsons said...

Wow...how are you feeling? Do you feel diffrent? I hope things are going well for you guys.