Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lybbert Reunion 2008

The Lybbert family reunion is a Bi-Annual event and includes all the posterity from Great Grandpa Lybbert. Great Grandpa Lybbert had 12 children, one of which was Reid Lybbert, Dusty's Grandpa. Reid then had 5 sons, including Terry, and Terry had seven kids (Mandee, Dusty, Marcy, April, Annell, Andrew, and Felicia). Of which many of them now have kids.  Needless to say, it is a LARGE reunion.

Although we have been married for 5 years, jobs have kept us from attending the last two, so this was our first reunion as a married couple. I was a little bit nervous knowing the magnitude of the family. I am pretty good with the Reid Lybbert family, but once you go outside of that, it gets a little tricky for me, and Dusty is no help as he is terrible with names.

This year, it was held at Black Beach resort in Republic, WA. It is a very small town on Lake Curlew. Republic is located east of Omak, and about 2 hours north west of Spokane. It was a very long drive (6 hours) to get there, but once we were there it was a great place. The lake was nice, and we were all able to stay pretty close.

Many families had RV's including Dad Lybbert (Mom was in California waiting for April's baby to be born), and Mandee & Nathan. We camped in a tent near the RV's, and I must say, the RV's have some great conveniences. 

(we were in the green tent above)

It was a great trip with great food, and great visiting.  Some of Dusty's cousins were able to make it including Chad and Joy with their kids, Megan and Dave, and Anna and her little boy Caden (All from Las Vegas, kids of Doug Lybbert, Terry's Brother). Tara and her family were also able to come and a short visit from Tygh (kids of Lyle Lybbert, Terry's brother). Dave and Tami, and Rick and Sandi (more brothers of Terry) also came up from Moses Lake. We also got to see Grandma Lybbert, who just relocated back to Moses lake from Las Vegas.

 
Grandma and Aunt Berna (Grandpa's Sister)
















(The Krazy Kids: Jakob, Alyssa, Dilenger, and Caden)




(The Three Mischievous Munchkins)

(The Reid Lybbert Family)

There was a lot of other family there too, but I don't remember their names.

During the days we were there, we fished, 
Painted faces
did crafts


(Even Andrew got in on the craft fun)

We played in the lake, golfed (the guys), played volleyball, sang campfire songs, and one night we had a video of past reunions. We draped a sheet between some posts, and we all watched home videos of Dad when he was a toddler, and past reunions. It got a bit long, and few people got sick with the moving camera, but it was a good experience to see all the fun.

I also caught my first fish ever. The only other time I remember fishing was when I was about 8 or so, and we went camping at Battleground Lake. My Dad gave me a pole, told me how to cast, I tried and the next thing I knew, I was in the water still holding my pole. I had slipped right off the log and cast myself into the water. I did much better this time, and actually casted and caught a fish. Dusty insisted that I clean the fish I caught as it is a life skill that all should know. Below are some pictures. Sorry if you get a little squeamish.


No comments: