Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Capital Playoffs

David's football team, the Capital Cougars, are in the Washington state playoffs, and as we felt so bad about the Halloween game, we decided we should come and support him and his team on in the playoffs.  We came down early on Saturday and attended the Olympia gymnastics team practice.  Unfortunately, Dusty's work is currently short handed, and could not afford him the time to leave early to coach this year.  

He was feeling the itch to coach, and has been volunteering a little of his time to help coach at the evening practices in Lacey.  Surprisingly, it is only about 35 miles from us down the gym.  He is really loving the team, and feels like he can help them improve.  I always thought it would be fun to have my husband coaching with my mom.  They really do make a great team.

After practice, we had a little time to kill before the football game, so we went to Cabela's.  For those who are not aware, Cabela's is like the coolest hunting/fishing/anything outdoors store ever.  It is massive.  Dusty's company, Classic Accessories, makes covers for anything and everything outdoors, and they sell a bunch of their products to Cabela's.  Much of it is marketed under Cabela's brand, but they are actually produced by Classic Accessories, and Dusty helps with the packaging and marketing.  Here are some of their products on display at the store.
Boats made by Classic Accessories at Cabela's
The wild animal display.  This is the coolest display I have ever seen, they have animals from all over the Northwest, this is just a very small piece.

We then met up with Mom, and headed over the stadium for the game.  Capital played Meadowdale from Lynnwood, and it was a very exciting game.  At halftime, Meadowdale was up 7 - 0, and Capital had missed a number of 4th down attempts in the red zone.  Then in the second quarter, Capitol put it together and there defense did an awesome job of stopping Meadowdale, and then the offense stepped in and started scoring.  The game came down to the very last drive and the Cougars were able to stop the Mavericks and win the game.  Below are a few pictures from the game.  David is #13 on the sidelines.

Scoreboard showing a 14-10 victory.  Capital is off to Spokane next weekend for their next playoff game.  Good Luck Cougars!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I had completely forgotten you had a blog until I stumbled across you in my favorites! It's been fun seeing what you and Dusty have been up to -- we're so jelous of your North Carolina diving trip! Todd grew up there and would love to go dive it someday. Anyway, we miss all our Washington friends, and if you go private, would you add us to your list? becraftfamily(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks!!

Seth & Courtney said...

What a fun game, especially considering the final score. I hope they do well in the finals. I'll check back soon!

{Alynn} said...

Had to get a whole new blog... it's a long story. Come check us out at our new spot! Miss ya!

Margot said...

Shirlee, you have a blog! How did I not know this?! Now that I've discovered it, I think you should update it.

Also, Cabela's is Bryan's grandpa's favorite place to go.

the Rowleys said...

This is Christina (Brown), just discovered your blog through facebook. It is nice to be able to see what you are up to now. I look forward to reading more blog updates. :)