As far as the presidency goes, I may not have voted for him; however, he is now my president and I will respect him as the president. Over the past 8 years, I was always frustrated with the people who bashed on Bush and disrespected him. Now that the tables are turned, I vow to do my best to support him as the president even if I do not agree with all the decisions he may make. We are fortunate to live in a country where we can and have the right to vote, and know that the results of the election are fair (for the most part. At least we didn't have any recounts or hanging chads this year.) I am glad that I voted, and even if the results didn't swing my way, my voice was heard.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
The Votes are In
Boy, I will tell you, it is hard to be an elephant in a whole field of donkeys. I am not sure the state of Washington has ever voted red in a presidential election. It always find it amazing to watch the election results and know that the polls closed at 8:00pm, and that the state declared it's vote for Obama at 8:01. I was not surprised, but disappointed as I felt like my vote wasn't even considered. I knew however, that the local elections would be closer. Unfortunately, I didn't win many of those either. My wonderful state has voted to assist terminally ill people in committing suicide, and my county voted to increase the sales tax once again to over 10% to fund road improvements that we already voted on last election. My state also voted in the same governor who spent all the money for the road improvements we already voted for 4 years ago on something else, along with all the other money in the state and more. Obviously, more people in the state disagree with me because the things I voted for lost, but maybe this is my way of making my voice heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment