Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Callings

Towards the end of the year, Dusty received a new calling (assignment) at church.  We were both very surprised at the call, and never ever would have put him there.  Perhaps there must be some divine reason for it, but he was called to be the Ward Financial Clerk. 

For someone whose extent of finances at home is using a Debit card, and managing our biweekly cash budget, we were very surprised.  It was a bit stressful at first for him because he had to jump right in and get through tithing settlement which occurs at the end of every year. 

It is getting a little better, but he is still learning how to fit it in to his schedule since he has to stay late after church every Sunday to manage the tithes and offerings.

I also got a new class this year.  I was sad to leave my old primary class, but excited for the new one.  My new class is CTR 5, so these are kids that are 5 turning 6 this year.  The dymanics of the class are very different, and I am still getting the hang of what the kids need.  I also have a number of boys in this class, which I find is very different than primarily girls. 

We are both adjusting to the new assignments, but doing well so far.

No comments: