Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

1 more month...

I am finally into my last month of pregnancy, and as much as I have enjoyed it thus far, I am very anxious for it to be over.  First of all, I don't want this to sound like I am complaining.  I have waited 6 years to be pregnant and suffered a lot physically, financially, and most of all emotionally to get to this point, and I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. 

I remember being one of those infertile women frustrated that people complain about being pregnant, as I would have given anything to be in their shoes.  I am now in those shoes, and so very grateful for that opportunity.  Although I am extremely grateful, I will admit it is not very comfortable.

I am growing more uncomfortable and tired every day.  Her feet are wedged into my ribs causing some pain, the contractions are getting stronger and more frequent in the evenings, and my trips to the bathroom leave me wondering why I have such an urge to go when all I get is a trickle.  I am up about 3 times each night to use the restroom as well.

I have been having more contractions in the afternoon than the Dr. would like, so they have instructed me to start cutting my hours back at work.  I am excited for that as the last few hours each day are strenuous. 

On Thursday, we had another ultrasound and first of all, Baby Alice is still a girl.  She is growing well, and so far is head down.  Her brain, heart, kidneys, bladder, and belly all look good.  The measurements they took estimated her to be about 6 lbs 11 ozs plus or minus 1 lb.  I am hoping the estimate is a little high because at a 1/2 lb per week, I am looking at close to a 9 lb baby by the time I am 40 weeks.

They also said my levels of amniotic fluid are a little high, but I am not sure how high, and if there are any risks associated with that.  Hopefully my Dr. will fill me in more next week. 

Dusty has been great despite his busy work schedule with helping out since I am pretty worthless in the evenings, and I am truly thankful for that.  I have attached some pictures of the Ultrasound for your enjoyment.

Profile

Playing with her feet
3D Face - We think she is pretty cute, and yes that is her foot - Apparently she gets her flexibility from her Dad.

4 comments:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

oh alice - I am in love with you already!

Sis - I know how you feel... despite being so happy, there is some measure of discomfort that just can't be ignored in the last 4 weeks of pregnancy.

Well, as for the contractions, rest up and drink TONS of water (but I"m sure your doc already told you that). I hope she hangs out a little longer, but you know what they say "babies come when they are ready" and goodness knows little Alice and ALL of us have been waiting a long time for her arrival... perhaps she's just too excited to get out!

love you!

Aimeeable said...

This too shall pass. I absolutely hate this part of pregnancy. A few months from now when you can snuggle sweet Alice, it will seem like a distant memory. I promise. If it didn't we would only have one kid. =)

Doug and Amy said...

Shirlee you are so close! I'm so excited for you guys!

And I totally feel you about those last few weeks of pregnancy. You are so grateful to be pregnant, but you just feel so miserable! Hang in there, it'll be over soon!

Can't wait to see pictures when she arrives!

Ashley Ann said...

Good luck with the last 4 weeks. It has been almost 6 years since I was in your shoes, but I haven't forgotten any of it. I hope your labor and delivery go well. Keep us posted! She looks so cute!