I measured her today and she weighed 22.5 lbs, and she has now reached 30 inches. For those who are unfamiliar with child growth, that means she is about the size of an average 15 month old. She is still wearing 12-18 month or 18 month clothes. She is tiny and compact, but has a huge personality.
She is a climber and a helper. She is always wanting to help with everything, especially in the kitchen. Before I even know it, she has pushed the kitchen chair over to the cupboard and pulled herself on it to see what I am doing and to help or take a bite of cereal or a raw beet.
She loves water. Baths are still a favorite activity and she gets one almost everyday just because I like her hair to be clean and free from food, also it is easier to do when wet. She also loves to play in the toilet water, the dog's water dish (that also usually involves mixing of the food and water or dumping it out), the water in the sink, and she loves washing her hands. She will often hold out her hands and says "wah hans". If I say "not now" or "in a moment" she promptly shoves her hand in her mouth and slobbers, then shows me her slobbery hands and repeats "wah hans"
She loves accessories - Hats are definitely a favorite. She will go into her room and pull out a hat and put it on herself and play. She also loves her shoes, coats, and mittens.
She loves to eat, and fruit is still the favorite food group second only by mexican and cereal. She is starting to get a little picky on some veggies and meat. She also is not a huge fan of sandwiches. She will ask for cereal all day long. And often go and get it out of the pantry, sit on the stairs and eat it. She is sneaky. She is also a savorer. She takes her time eating, and will sometimes chew on a bite for a long time (apparently got that from Dad).
She loves Bella and is always concerned about her. She will tell me to take Bella potty, and throw balls for her as fast as Bella will drop them (which isn't very fast). She loves to take her for walks, and play with her.
She is talking a lot. I can understand almost everything of what she says especially when she includes her sign language. She does not use sentences, or even string more than two words together, but she is very good at communicating.
She has a bit of an attitude at times, especially during diaper and clothes changes. She prefers to run away, climb on her crib, and hide in closets, so that can be challenging, and when she is unhappy she certainly lets you know. When I scold her she just laughs and obeys timeout smiling like it is a reward (it does help redirect her though).
She also loves music and dancing. She has some pretty awesome moves.

2 comments:
Oh My! she is getting so big and grown up. What will she be like in 5 months when I get to come back out to visit. I still just wanted to squeeze her and kiss her cheeks. I love you guys and I miss you a ton.
Wow. She sounds so fun!!! Isn't fun to have little hands in the kitchen? Its one of my favs with Creedence.
Post a Comment