Dusty has always had the idea of driving around the Olympic peninsula, but I didn't want to go and just drive. We decided this was a good opportunity to do it, and through in some activities along the way to make a weekend out of it.
We started out early Saturday Morning, and crossed over the Tacoma narrows bridge and went north up through Bremerton. Our first stop was Sequim. It is a little retirement community and what seems like a one street town. We ate breakfast at a little restaurant that was very quaint. It was neat to see the wait staff talk to the regular customers and greet them by name. I want to live some place like that when I retire.
The next stop was Port Angeles. We were planning on stopping in the city, but when we drove through, it looked neat, and we stopped to look at a few things.
Down by the water. There were lots of big ships in the water, and beautiful.
We then moved on to the Salt Creek Tide Flats. It is a huge area of continuous tide pools. We saw lots of barnacles, sea urchins, hermit crabs, anemones, sea urchins, and lots of kelp. Here are a few pictures of the Tide Pools
Tide Flats
The next stop we made was Forks. The weather was starting to act up a little there, but we were able to do the Twilight tour. We found that the once Logging town, is now basically the Twilight town. I think half the people there were tourists, going on the same 30 minute 6 stop tour as we were, and the other half were people who lived there selling Twilight stuff.
I will admit, I prefer the description of Forks in the books much more than the actual town, but it was fun to go and see how Forks has made a fictional story appear like it is real.
Bella's Truck in front of the Forks visitor center. (The visitor center was full, but right next door was the logging museum which was empty - A little sad.)
No comments:
Post a Comment