Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Six years ago, I made the best decision I have made in my 27 years, and married Dusty for eternity. Six years ago, I knew that marriage needs to be nurtured and there would be challenging times, but during the last six years, sometimes I wondered if everyone had this many challenges. Some of the big ones we have encountered together have been the following:
  • Unemployment
  • Working without pay
  • Infertility
  • Unemployment
  • Legal Battles
  • 2 IUI's
  • Starting a business (not successful)
  • Stressful Jobs
  • Surgery
  • Two IVF cycles
  • 2 FET cycles
  • 2 Miscarriages
  • Unemployment
I would not consider our marriage to be uneventful, but is amazing how much we have grown together during these challenging times. I think it is heavenly fathers plan to help us grow together. The struggles are not very fun, but they do help me to realize how much Dusty has helped me through them, and how much I truly love him. He really is my perfect match, and I don't think I would have been able to get through all of this without him.

I would like to say, that I hope we have been through the big struggles and the next six years will be a piece of cake, but I know that is not the Lord's plan; however, I know that as long as I have my husband next to me, the rest of eternity will be just as awesome as the first six years, and I am excited.

I love you Dusty, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my eternity with you!

4 comments:

The Poe Family said...

Congrats on the 6 years, it goes fast doesn't it! We will be celebrating 9 years in August, crazy!!!

The Flemings said...

Shirl, I know you guy have been through a lot. You guys are both strong people, but even stronger together. Congrats, we love you both!

Ashley Ann said...

Congrats, Shirlee! I can't believe it's been six years. Time sure flies. Dusty's bouquet goes very nicely with his tux!

Jeremy and Immer said...

We learn from mistakes, challenges, successes, etc. in this life. It's nice to have someone on our side and I'm glad that Dusty found you. I can't believe 6 years already, congratulations.