I was a little nervous because in cold water, I am layered up in 7-14 mm of neoprene, hoods, gloves, etc. It is a little more difficult to find and maneuver the equipment with big thick gloves and a hood that makes turning your head a little more difficult. Dusty could tell I was a little nervous, and was very patient. He made sure I got comfortable before we went under. I also got to try out my new wetsuit, which surprisingly kept me quite warm. I would love to move to a drysuit, but I need a little more experience with my buoyancy first (drysuits make buoyancy even harder).
He took me to Three Tree Point in Burien on the Puget Sound. There are some tire reefs that we explored, and had a great time looking at all the life.
(note: since we didn't take our camera, all underwater pictures were stolen from my friends site www.theperfectdive.com)
I ran into a crab and thought he was going to pinch me
I ran into a crab and thought he was going to pinch me

We saw a ratfish,
some kind of sculpin
and lots of seastars
We didn't take the underwater camera because we wanted to focus on diving. Perhaps next time. We definitly will not wait another 10 months before the next dive!
some kind of sculpin
and lots of seastars
We didn't take the underwater camera because we wanted to focus on diving. Perhaps next time. We definitly will not wait another 10 months before the next dive!I did take a picture of the clean-up. That is the worst part of diving, but worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment