Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Good News

First of all, I want to thank everyone for your support and prayers regarding our attempts to grow our family. Today, Dusty and I were able to receive some great news that my pregnancy test was positive. We are very excited, but also a little nervous given our prior history with the two previous pregnancies. The numbers came back today good, but we will know more on Wednesday with a second set of numbers.

Please continue to include us, including our little one(s), in your prayers. I should have a couple more blood tests this week and then an ultrasound in a couple weeks. I will be sure to keep this updated with any new news.

I actually cheated and took this test Monday morning before my Dr. Appt. I didn't want Dusty to have to wait until the afternoon to find out. We were so excited to finally see the "+" sign. I have taken many tests in the past, and never have we seen a positive test. So for your viewing pleasure.

If you want to follow the quantitative numbers, the level for Monday was 289. I will post Wednesday's levels when I get it. The numbers should double about every 48-72 hours according the internet.

5 comments:

Doug and Amy said...

Congratulations Shirlee and Dusty!! I am so happy for you both! How amazing! Take care of yourself and I look forward to hearing updates!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

That, Sister, is a most beautiful BFP (BIG FAT POSITIVE)!!! I dare say I've not seen such a dark positive test in a very very long time, and I'm a bit of pee-on-a-stick addict and stalker :). I can't wait to hear the continued happy updates, you guys are the best!

Aimeeable said...

That is just fabulous news! (Pregnant emotional me is completely misting up with joy).

Izabella says, "Good job."

I talked to the family about your struggles and asked them if they thought we could include you in our prayers. Izabella has become the prayer patrol and will yell, "Don't forget Daddy's cousin's baby in her tummy!" if we start to end our prayers and we neglect to include your family.

Keep us updated on the rest of your journey!

Riley and Breanne said...

Congrats! I'll cross my fingers for the double numbers!

Justin Glennon said...

Congratulations Dusty & Shirlee!! We are so happy for you guys! Such good news. We REALLY need to get together soon.