During the wedding, a couple of things struck me. Firstly, how inexperienced I am with regular weddings. I found I didn't really know what to expect. I believe I have been to more temple sealings, than regular wedding ceremonies. It was a beautiful ceremony, but just different than what I was used to. I am very happy for them and wish them all the best.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Wedding Bells
Last night, we got the opportunity to attend the wedding for our friends Peter and Nicole. It was a beautiful wedding and a fun reception. We got the opportunity to see some of our friends Jeremy and Immer, and Justin and Nicolette. (Peter is Nicolette's brother).
During the wedding, a couple of things struck me. Firstly, how inexperienced I am with regular weddings. I found I didn't really know what to expect. I believe I have been to more temple sealings, than regular wedding ceremonies. It was a beautiful ceremony, but just different than what I was used to. I am very happy for them and wish them all the best.
Second, it made me reflect back on my own wedding. It was about 6.5 years ago, that I knelt across the alter and was sealed to my loving husband for eternity. I feel so privileged to be married to my best friend, and although we have had our challenges, we have gone through them together, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I am also so grateful for the sealing power, and the knowledge that I will get to be with him and our child for all eternity.
During the wedding, a couple of things struck me. Firstly, how inexperienced I am with regular weddings. I found I didn't really know what to expect. I believe I have been to more temple sealings, than regular wedding ceremonies. It was a beautiful ceremony, but just different than what I was used to. I am very happy for them and wish them all the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment