Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

5 Exciting Years

On Friday, Dusty and I celebrated our 5th anniversary.  We are both amazed at how fast time flies.  I will be the first to admit that it has not all been perfect.  Dusty and I have been through what we think are our share of trials that seem to be enough to last 50 years of marriage.  But through them, we have grown to love each other even more.  I can honestly say that I love him just as much today as I did 5 years ago when we got married if not even more.  

I came home on Friday to see these beautiful flowers sitting in my kitchen.  

Also a couple weeks ago, we celebrated our anniversary a little early with some fine dining at the El Gaucho restaurant in Tacoma.  Even through my professional career, I had never been to such an amazing restaurant.  The service was amazing, the food perfect, and the atmosphere even better.  We got the prime cut of steak, and a table side prepared caesars salad, along with a table side prepared dessert of flaming bananas.  What an amazing experience.  I wish we could afford to eat out like that more often.

1 comment:

Henry Family said...

Hi guys, we were checking out the blog now that I have the address from Shirlee, and I had been updating ours. You got some great JAM pictures, and the kid's ones are all really cute too.
I said to Brett when reading about your anniversary, "Its been 5 exciting years, Wow!" time does fly. He replied, "How many unexciting years?" It was funny to us. We love marriage, as much as you do (just gathering that from reading your blog). --April