Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Father's Day

Dusty and I had the opportunity to spend Father's day my Dad and the Poe Family.  Originally, they were going to come up to see us, but David had an appointment in the morning, and a dance festival practice in the evening, so we decided to find something to do down in Olympia.  We contemplated for quite some time to find something to do, and then it dawned on that Olympia is the state capital.

When we got there, all the of the buildings were closed, but we decided to walk around the government grounds.  I had not been to the capital since probably 5th grade or so, and it was fun to walk around.  We saw the Killed in Action Police memorial and the Vietnam War Memorial, both of which are very interesting.  Below are some of the pictures we took on the grounds. 


The family in front of the Legislative Building
I never realized how beautiful Olympia is.  This is in front of the Judicial Building overlooking Capital Lake.
Here is David in front of the fountain.
Even Willie got to join in on the fun.

Mom and Dad then drove to our house to spend the night and we enjoyed Sunday together.  I made Biscuits and Gravy (Dad's Choice) for breakfast and we all went to church.  Mom, Dad, and David then drove out to Maple Valley to see Grandpa and Grandma Woodward.  Dusty and I were not able to go as I had to catch a flight.  It is always great to spend time with the family and remind David that he does have siblings.  We love you Dad!

No comments: