Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Twilight Series

When I left for Scottsdale, I started a new book called Twilight.  I had heard good things about the book after my sister Melissa read them and my Mom read them.  Dusty picked it up for me, and thought it would be good for my plane rides.  Due to the flight delays, I got plenty of time to read on the way down.  

I got so hooked to this book that I spent every evening reading while I was at training.  On Wednesday night, I was up until 2:00 AM finishing it.  I was a little tired on Thursday, and also frustrated that I didn't have any more of the book to read.  

On Friday on my way home, I found book 2 in the series called New Moon.  I was really glad I bought it as I sat on the plane for 2.5 hours before it even took off.  I got about halfway through it on Friday and finished it on Saturday.  Dusty was kind enough to go buy me book 3 called Eclipse.  I read all day Sunday (except for church) and read Monday night, and finished it on Tuesday.  

These are literally some of the best books I have ever read.  Stephenie Meyers, the author, is truly amazing, and I would recommend these books to anyone who has not read them.  The fourth book is coming out August 2nd, and I can't wait.  

I feel like I read them so quickly, that I must have missed a ton of stuff in them, and plus they are just really good books.  I may read them again before the 4th book comes out.  

1 comment:

Seth & Courtney said...

I just want to say ditto! I read all three books in a week. Seth was impressed by this because I'm not a fast reader like him so he read them too. Now we've both read them twice and have pre-ordered Breaking Dawn. Looking forward to Twilight the movie that comes to theaters Dec. 12, 2008. Stephenie's latest book The Host is good too.

However they're just not good for getting housework done, reading scriptures or spending quality time with family. Everything but the books gets neglected when I read them!