The past two weeks have been filled with complete guilt and turmoil. The reason is due to my new job that I started two weeks ago. You see, I know that they hired me expecting me to be around for a while, and now that I am expecting Little Lybbert, I will only work there for 8 months. The job is fairly complicated, and I expect it will take about 3-4 months to finally figure it out, and go through a quarter end. That means, I am not going to provide much value to this company as the first 3 months will be training, and then I will do my job for 4-5 months. I thought this sounded like a bum deal for True Blue, and I was the cause.
My options were that I could wait until I was showing to tell them. Then I would probably have been though the training phase, but only have about 4-5 months left. Or perhaps, I could tell them now, and give them the option of deciding if I was worth to keep on staff at all. I was in great turmoil.
After the positive news we received at the ultrasound yesterday, I decided I would go for telling them early, especially since I will have a few more appointments in Seattle before I actually find an OB. I decided to tell them today, and I took my pictures with me. I was so nervous to have the meeting, not knowing how they would react considering I have been there a whole 9 days.
I showed my manager the pictures and he was shocked, but excited for me. We talked a little about it, and he said he would talk to the other managers, but basically said that they still want me to work for them, and all is well.
It is amazing how much better I felt after telling them. Now I know that I am not being deceptive, and I am still wanted as an employee even if I don't go back to work after the baby is born. It also explains the excessive appointments, and any reason I would need time off if something wasn't right. I am glad that I shared the news, and can't even start to tell you how good it is to have a guilt-free conscience.
1 comment:
Hey guys, we are thrilled to hear that you received positive news at the ultrasound! I hope that everything continues to go well for you. We are very excited for you guys and can't wait to meet "Little Lybbert" It was so good to see you the other day. We will have to do it again soon. :)
Post a Comment