I know I was behind, but I have added a whole bunch of posts in July and August. Feel free to take a look. Pretty much, it was a crazy, but awesome Summer. I loved being unemployed, and being able to really enjoy it; however, although the weather may continue a little longer, as all the kids go back to school, I am preparing to go back to work. Yes, you read that correctly, it is time to go back to work.
I accepted an offer for a senior accountant position at True Blue Inc. They are a public company that owns blue collar staffing agencies including Labor Ready. I will be working on the SEC Reporting and Financial Statements group. I start on September 8th.
As I look back on what my plans were while I was unemployed, I can't complain too much. My goals were the following:
- Remember how to be a wife
- Grow spiritually and emotionally
- Take care of my stressed out husband
- Spring cleaning
- Get fit
- Potty train Bella
I look back at the last 4 months, and I can honestly say that I think I was successful. I have really gotten myself, house, and life more organized. I do the grocery shopping, cleaning, actually maintain cleaning, and really got myself back together emotionally. I can honestly say that I am a very different, healthier, and happier person, and I am so glad I took this time to do it. Is everything perfect? No, but drastic improvements have been made, and I think I feel ready to go back.
I am a little nervous about going back, while trying to keep the sanity and order that I have worked so hard to implement. I think it will be hard at first, but this job should not be the same stressful crazy overtime that I had before, so I am staying positive, and know it will all work out.
1 comment:
Good job Shirlee!! You were a busy woman! I am glad that you had this time to help yourself, sometimes it's just what you need!
Post a Comment