Today is a monumental day. I got out the sewing machine, tried to sew and found it was jamming in the bobbin area. I did some Google research, and decided it needed to be cleaned. I found my owner's manual, read it and cleaned the machine. Amazingly, Google came through again, and it was fixed. Then I proceeded to make these.
They are cloth wipes for a friend who is due later this month. I just found out she is planning on using cloth diapers, and all cloth diapering mommies need cute cloth wipes. They are finished 7 by 8 inches and just one sheet of flannel. I have some that I made for Alice, but I surged the edges and they just don't look quite as cute and finished. They are not perfect, but I had fun making them.
One thing I didn't do today was work! Yesterday was my last day as a professional employed accountant, now I am a happy, project doing, unpaid Mom, and I couldn't ask for more. Hopefully this is the first of many sewing projects so I don't have to open the manual every time I sit down to do a project.
I have lots to blog about and fun projects to update you on, but those will come later. I need to finish the rest of my wipes.
2 comments:
Looks good Shirl, you girls have your mom's talent!!! So glad you did some blogging!!!
Hopefully Scott and I will be lucky enough to have another little bambino one day, and then you and Melissa can educate me all about the cloth diapering world. We're all for it, but never even thought about it when Cam came along. We were very unprepared for her arrival! You're very crafty!
Post a Comment